How To Join
How to Join
Historically, prospective Rotarians have been required to find a sponsor to nominate them into the Club. However, as we have moved into the digital age and the era of social media, we have been more open to having prospective members discover us online and then be sponsored by the Chair of the Membership Committee or another leader in the Club.
If you already know someone in the Club, that’s still the best way to get to know more about us. A friend, colleague, or family member can best introduce you to what it means to be a Rotarian. Ask them to bring you along to a couple of meetings and you will begin to see how we function every week.
If you don’t know anyone in the Club, you can download the MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION here. After you complete the application you can mail, fax, or email it back to the Club using the contact info below.
Here are a few important facts for you to consider as you decide whether you want to be a member of the Rotary Club of Traverse City.
- Rotary membership generally requires residence in the area for over one year.
- Rotary strongly encourages regular at the weekly meetings. Make-up meetings can be attended at any Rotary Club meeting in the world.
- It is the duty and obligation of Rotarians to volunteer their services in connection with Rotary projects and programs in addition to attending weekly meetings.
- You are expected to participate in the Club’s annual fund raisers, the Rotary Show, and serve on one or more of the Club’s committees.
- Quarterly dues are $65.00, which include The Rotarian magazine, International, District, and Club dues. Quarterly meal charges are $182.00.
For additional information, please contact Club Administrator, Kathy Bussell, at 231.941.5421.
Rotary Club of Traverse City
202 E. Grandview Pkwy, Ste 202
Traverse City, MI 49684