Rotary impacts our region.
Rotary Charities has invested over $58 million in over 1,300 grants to the five-county Grand Traverse region since 1977.
We envision a region where people are working together, sharing resources and negotiating differences in healthy ways toward building a thriving, prosperous and fair region.
Our Vision: A region that is fair, thriving and resilient.
Our Mission: Rotary Charities helps changemakers work better together to address our region’s complex problems and create community assets for all.
Our Values: We believe in truth, service, mutual benefit, goodwill, the dignity of the individual, diversity, collaboration, and innovation for the common good.
Our Grounding Beliefs:
- Change is necessary when systems aren’t working for everyone
- We need to look at issues and opportunities in context of the larger system in which they function
- Complex problems can only be resolved by understanding root causes
- Learning and adapting is necessary
- To lead this work, we need people at all levels in all sectors that can change and grow
- Connecting people to each other, experts, information and opportunities is essential to create change