Rotary Charities provides one-year Seed Grants intended to support ventures where a small investment will go a long way toward a larger impact.
Seed grants can be used for a variety of purposes, not limited to:
- Convening partners to better understand a community problem and potential leverage points for change
- Assessing and building the capacity of organizations, partners or networks to move forward together
- Creating cultures and structures that enable deeper connections, continuous learning and adaptation
- Plan or launch new strategies and/or align actions that are aimed at high-leverage points for change
Organizations that receive Seed funding must:
- Demonstrate need
- Have been providing services for at least 1 year
- Show support from the organization’s Board
Guidelines for Seed Grants
- Maximum grant award is $10,000
- No deadline, apply by the 15th of the month to be considered the first week of the following month
- Maximum of one-year grant period
- Minimum 25% cash and/or in-kind match
Activities may include, but are not limited to:
- Capacity assessment & planning for organizations, partnerships and networks
- Organization, partner or network development activities – especially those that will improve connectivity, learning and the ability to adapt and respond to changing conditions
- System or issue mapping
- Network/partner mapping
- Designing process and tools for deeper learning
- Clarifying the purpose of organizations, partnerships or networks and setting strategic direction
- Assessing and improving team dynamics or organizational or network culture
- Project/program design or launch, especially for projects with the potential for ripple effects throughout a system
- Executive transition planning
- Board and staff leadership development
- Database/information systems development
- Fundraising feasibility for capital projects
- Community planning to implement high priority projects
If you do not see your activity/need listed, please contact Rotary Charities staff to discuss.
Please reference the Grant Guidelines Document for additional information.
Please complete this inquiry form and a staff person will contact you within two weeks to discuss next steps. Inquiries are accepted anytime. Full applications are through invitation only and will be considered monthly.