Matching Gifts for Rotarians
In 1999, Rotary Charities donated $2.5 million to the Community Foundation to establish the Rotary Endowment. The Endowment connects the shared work of Rotary Charities and the Community Foundation of promoting philanthropy to enrich the quality of life in our region. Today, the Rotary Endowment provides an opportunity for individual Rotarians and local Rotary Clubs to have their philanthropic support matched by the Community Foundation. The partnership between the Community Foundation and Rotary Charities is reflective of the quality of philanthropic intent and integrity that makes this a wonderful place to live, work, and give.
The Rotary Endowment at the Community Foundation provides $1 for $1 match for gifts to nonprofits from each Rotarian in our five-county region. The Community Foundation will match up to $250 of your personal gift(s) to eligible* nonprofit organizations within the five-county region each year.
Here’s how it works:
- You must be a Rotary member in good standing in one of the regional Rotary Clubs in Antrim, Benzie, Grand
Traverse, Kalkaska or Leelanau County
- Your gift must be to an eligible 501(c)(3) nonprofit within the five-county region of Antrim, Benzie, Grand Traverse, Kalkaska, and Leelanau Counties
- The matching gift program is run on a calendar year and match request forms are accepted throughout the year. The Community Foundation will make its grant distributions June and December; deadlines for Rotarians & Nonprofits submitting the forms to meet these distribution dates are June 1 and December 1.
- Simply complete the form CLICK HERE for form and send it with your contribution to the charitable organization (keep a copy for your
files). The charitable organization will complete the bottom portion of the form and send it to your Rotary Club’s representative, who will send it to the Community Foundation for final approval and grant distribution.
* Ineligible organizations include: fraternal, social, union, political or veteran groups, university or college alumni associations; and church operating funds.