The 2020 Rotary Show Dates April 30, May 1st & May 2nd
Rotary Show is a major fundraiser
The annual Rotary Show is the biggest and most complex project within the club. The show is a major fundraiser and “fun” raiser for our community.
There are many opportunities to be involved in the show including selling ads, writing jokes, and singing in the chorus. Behind the scenes jobs include selling concessions, taking tickets and set up/tear down. This is an excellent opportunity to get to know other club members through club service. The show is an annual tradition that dates back over 76 years and raises money to be dispersed through the Good Works Committee. Everyone involved experiences the joy of hearing nearly 1,000 people in the audience laughing loudly at the jokes and acts performed.
Funds raised from the Rotary Show are used for various GOOD WORKS projects. The largest of these projects is an ongoing grant process whereby the Good Works Committee reviews requests made to the club for funds.
Tickets go on sale March 20th
Over the years, GOOD WORKS grant recipients have included:
- Boots for Kids: $1,000
- Conflict Resolution Services (Bullying Prevention Training): $3,000
- Scenic Trails Council Boy Scouts: $3,065
- St. Francis High School: $3,250
- Great Lakes Children’s Museum (Funday Sunday): $1,000
- Catholic Human Services (Grandparents Raising Children Program): $1,000
- Farmers’ Market Vouchers (Low-Income Seniors): $1,000
- Traverse City Cooperative Preschool (Pave Circle Drive): $3,000
- Big Brothers/Big Sisters (Adopt-A-Match): $2,000
- Botanical Garden Society of NW Michigan (Classroom Furnishings): $1,500
- Traverse City High School (Camp Leelanau Trip): $4,000
- Kingsley High School Cognitively Impaired Classroom: $2,000